Sigma Industries, concerned with the quality of life of its employees, members,
customers and the public, commits to continually improve its business practices,
to decrease the environmental impacts of its activities, products, and services,
for all of its companies.
To do so, it commits to the following:
1. LAW-ABIDING COMPANY:
- Sigma Industries must respect environmental laws, regulations, and other
requirements when applicable.
2. POLLUTION PREVENTION:
- Sigma Industries commits to invest in the prevention of pollution resulting from its
3. EMERGENCY PLAN:
- Sigma Industries has established and updates its emergency plans to
adequately react to adverse environmental situations and gives its employees the
necessary training to implement the specified plan.
4. ACQUISITIONS AND INVESTMENTS:
- Sigma Industries has included in its investment and acquisition policy, an
environmental evaluation of the businesses, activities, and assets it intends to
acquire or begin.
5. PERSONNEL TRAINING:
- Sigma Industries makes all of its employees and administrators aware of its
environmental policies, goals, and projects. Sigma Industries has established environmental
and risk prevention training programs for its administrators and employees in all of its
enterprises and their activities.
6. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY BROADCASTING:
- Sigma Industries encourages its members, partners, associates and affiliated
enterprises to adhere to its environmental policy.
7. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY APPLICATION:
- It obliges Sigma Industries' Management to assure the
application of the environmental policy and to produce and submit an
environmental activities report to the Board of Directors as often as requested, but at
least once a year.
The environmental activity report addressed to Sigma Industries' Board of
Directors by its Vice President of Finance must at least deal with the following
- The derogation of environmental laws and regulations, environmental
incidents including spills and disposal, and violation of the applicable
environmental laws and regulations.
- Anticipated initiatives from Sigma Industries, government, or other
organizations which may have an impact on Sigma Industries and its activities.
- Follow-up results of the start-up and continuous improvement of the Environmental Management System
- Assessment of Sigma’s performance in meeting the established goals of its environmental policy.
- A review of the action plans and adopted corrective actions to avoid the repetition of
environmental irregularities and incidents.
8. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY APPLICATION CONTROL:
- Sigma Industries' Board of Directors mandates the Verification Committee of
the Board to periodically check the application of the environmental policy.